Saturday, April 07, 2007

the only friendships worth having...

I came across this awesome paragraph on friendship at Carrie Link's blog, who is a friend of Jennifer Lauck who wrote the memoirs Blackbird and Still Waters, which I LOVED and read several years ago in book club. I had just been visiting her website after thinking once again about writing my own memoir. They live in Portland which is of course where I'm from (Oregon that is). Cool beans.

Reprinted with permission and a very sweet email...
“The only friendships I'm interested in having these days, are the sister-like ones. The I don't care what I look or smell like around you kind. The stay up all night talking kind, the call at 2:00 in the morning when there's a problem kind. The go to the doctor with you for the scary appointment kind. The lingerie and high heel shopping kind. The let's talk about sex kind. The let's talk about depression kind. The let's not talk at all but don't move an inch kind. The I love you every day, all day long, my whole life kind. The love period kind.” – Carrie Wilson Link
Fully Caffeinated Blog

And another great quote by one of my all time favorite authors
"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers."
- M Scott Peck

1 comment:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Thanks for the "plug"! Love the M. Scott Peck quote, too! He's awesome!