Saturday, May 31, 2008

you owe me...

You Owe Me Nothing In Return

by Alanis Morissette

I'll give you countless amounts of outright acceptance
if you want it
I will give you encouragement
to choose the path that you want
if you need it
You can speak of anger and doubts
your fears and freak outs
and I'll hold it
You can share your so-called
shame filled accounts
of times in your life
and I won't judge it
(and there are no strings attached to it)

You owe me nothing for giving the love that I give
You owe me nothing for caring the way that I have
I give you thanks for receiving it's my privilege
And you owe me nothing in return
/snip

This is the only kind of love
as I understand it
that there really is


/snip

You can say that you have to skip town
to chase your passion
I'll hear it
You can even hit rock bottom
have a mid-life crisis
and I'll hold it
(and there are no strings attached)
/snip

These are just some of the lyrics. Full lyrics here!

No comments: