Thursday, July 16, 2009

the dark side

The sun coming through the clouds in eastern Nepal

Copyright (c) 2007 Wendee Holtcamp


"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times, a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe


I found that quote in a comment in response to Ms. Single Mama's blog post, My dark side, which I soooo related to! She has been a single mom of a young boy for a while now, and blogs about dating and parenting but just recently has fallen in love. She writes about the push-pull of pushing someone away because it's so much easier to be single, and the things you say that you really don't mean, and the fear, and all that is involved in risking one's heart again.

3 comments:

susan said...

LOVE the photo...and the quote...i think only someone who has seen you at your worst can truly, deeply, love you at your best.

My guys and I said...

I have been wanting to take Trevin to museum of natural science too. I may do that this week!


I now have a blog too...but it's not nearly as cool or interesting as yours! LOL I just have 2 entires so far..
It's tatbwenkechronicles.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

I have been wanting to take Trevin to museum of natural science too. I may do that this week!


I now have a blog too...but it's not nearly as cool or interesting as yours! LOL I just have 2 entires so far..
It's tatbwenkechronicles.blogspot.com