Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I am losing my mind!!!

Well never mind that my blog has been invaded my my darling daughter (see post below). I am somehow unable to form the proper words for things! This has been an ongoing phenomenon for about the past 5 years (or maybe 13 since my daughter was born! But honestly it certainly has gotten worse, really worse!) I keep telling my kids to put the laundry in the dishwasher or take the dishes out of the dryer, or, just now, I said "Savie, will you go transfer the water" - what the heck?! I meant to transfer the laundry to the dryer. (So she laughed and went and took a cup and started taking cupfulls of water from the bathroom sink and depositing them all over the house!) Savie reminded me that I often tell them to put things in the fridge that don't go in the fridge, like toys and such. One time I said "Sam you need to dump your milk in the fridge right now, or put it away in the sink." And just a few minutes ago when I was playing Foosball with Sam (which I totally stink at) upon getting a goal, I started dancing around and singing, "I'm so happy for my pants!" to the tune of Right Said Fred's "I'm Too Sexy...for my ....whatever" but we busted out laughing and it's now our new theme song. I'm so happy for my pants! So happy!

Anyway I'm suffering from serious writer's block since I got back from Nepal. It's just fine when I'm blogging but when it comes to writing an article on deadline, I'm just stuck. It is awful. I'm trying really hard but just keep wanting to do nothing. I'm lethargic. I'm apathetic! I want to do something different... I think that writing has become a chore because I'm doing it for a living and all the associated stresses of a "job" - I need to make it a joy again.

2 comments:

Scott Hatfield . . . . said...

Well, gee Wendee. You live in Texas, and I haven't heard a peep from you on the whole Chris Comer affair. I'd be interested in your take. Maybe a little well-placed outrage will get the old creative juices flowing?

TXsharon said...

Senility begins with motherhood.