Saturday, February 16, 2008

silliness

"There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk"
- Drew Barrymore.

OK if you all didn't already think I was a bit loony (not to mention my kiddos), now I'm sure you will have no doubt! It all started when, after watching the movie Stardust (which was pretty cool by the way) S decided to put clothespins on his ears. (Ah I wish I had the picture of his dad sitting in the bath with baby Savi with the plastic earring things on his nose and ears to go with it... but I digress.)

Then S decides he'd put them on my head, or hair rather, forming "horns."

Very nice touch. Devil mama I guess?!

S #1 is getting a bit loony in the background, making faces.

And a great big hug! We give lots of hugs in our family! :) And earlier in the day we were jumping up and down like kangaroos!


Bless his wittle heart, that boy. S brought me in this flower from our garden today with a big smile on his face. (This from the boy, recall, who said "Why do you buy people flowers on Valentine's day? Why not just take them to the flower shop and let them look around?!" (in all seriousness!) Or maybe he was pulling a fast one on me. ;)


And I'll end with an awesome quote about love from the Stardust movie, "I know that love is unconditional but I also know it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable, and strangely easy to mistake for loathing." And she (the Star Yvaine who had fallen to earth, became a woman and fallen in love with a young man, Tristan) also said "My chest can barely contain it, like it doesn't belong to me anymore." And last, I'm going to go watch Across the Universe which I've wanted to watch since it was in theatres but didn't get to. I adore the Beatles, so this should be good. It's been a good lazy day, getting some work done, and some play. G'nite!

No comments: