Tuesday, September 09, 2008

thoughts & a prayer

Great Sand Dunes National Monument, CO
Copyright (c) 2008 Wendee Holtcamp



"There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future."


I got that in one of those email forwards from a friend and boy did it come at the right time. So true! OK and I just came across this quote and found it to be freaking hilarious! OK maybe some people will not appreciate this, but I do.

“Love is like handing someone a gun, having them point it at your heart, and trusting them never to pull the trigger.” - Spongebob


Here is a poem prayer that I wrote in 2000.

My prayer

God give me strength
to run this race you’ve laid before me
to help my children understand the depths of your love
to seek your truth and to do your will
Help me raise them in the way they should go
Not the way I wish but the way you wish
Help them know they always have choices
the power to decide right from wrong
with your divine help
To know that even when they’re alone
they are Not alone
your very real presence can be felt, communed with, spoken to
and you will respond
in the quietness of a still morn
and in the peace of knowing you
Lord help me to grasp your peace
and to give your peace to others
let me not increase bitterness, but to bring joy
Help others to accept your love
through my helping hands, my listening ears, and a peaceful spirit
through my choice of actions and my choice of words
and Lord forgive me when I fail

Let me not be afraid to shout your truth from the mountaintops!
for I have seen your very real presence in my life
in the beauty of your creation
in the small miracles that happen every day
and in the mercy you have shown me in my life
Lord let me not be torn from your presence by the busyness of this world
a world that brings only chaos
Let me not neglect to spend time
in your Word and in your Creation
to refresh my soul in the glory of what your hands crafted
Let the rivers of life fill my soul with your Spirit
wash away the chaos
and replace it with your peace.

No comments: