Wednesday, July 06, 2005

innocence

I am a diamond and I cannot be broken -- Antigone Rising

I find myself drawn to photos of children laughing, youth, beauty, simplicity. I am creating my vision map where you look through magazines and find images that appeal to your deepest desires and words that inspire you. I love candid photos that capture children in their own world, absorbed in what they are doing, unconcerned, happy, in awe. Even in tears children express their pain so purely. Children are so raw with their emotions, so true to themselves, so unafraid to express their truth. They contain so much beauty and innocence. How I long for a world where we could all feel safe enough to be truly ourselves, to speak our truths and not be afraid of what we will lose and who won't like us and what people will think. This I think is freedom.

No comments: