Footprints in the sand, Great Sand Dunes National Monument, CO
Copyright (c) 2008 Wendee Holtcamp
The irony of commitment is that it’s deeply liberating – in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life.
– Anne Morriss, Starbucks customer from NYC, “organization builder, restless American Citizen, optimist”
Someone was saying how I look young for my age, and I was thinking what my rules for staying young and healthy would be. And so I posted this on her facebook profile page and then I thought, hey that is my blog post for the day! Here we go:
* Eat lots of veggies and fruit and whole grains and protein and a balanced diet.
* Exercise lots - yoga, cardio, weights - mix it up.
* Take vitamins. Do everything in one's power to avoid medication of all type (it's all an evil ploy by thepharmaceutical industry to make $$) - try natural alternatives first...
* Do cleanses.
* Take 1tsp psyllium a day for good digestion.
* Drink lots of water.
* Don't drink diet soda or use any sugar free sweeteners - other than Stevia which is truly all natural.
* No smoking and not much drinking. Give and get lots of hugs and have lots of good friends.
* Exercise your brain!
* Forgive, eliminate bitterness, work hard, and love love love!!!
OK that was fun. I should write a book - ha ha!