Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Universal Studios fun!

Saturday me and my kiddos went to Universal Studios. I have fond memories of the "behind the scenes" Studio Tour from when I came here as a teenager and I hadn't been since! My grandparents lived in North Hollywood so I would come to Cali regularly to visit. It was exciting to get back!
The first thing we did was go right to the Studio Tour. We had "Front of the Line passes" which get you to the front of the line passed all the people who wait for... 25, 25, 75 minutes depending on the ride. We got tics courtesy of Universal Studios and a discounted media rate for the passes. The front of the line passes were awesome! These photos are frolm my phone so they aren't good quality but just show what we saw. This is a set of some street. The vehicle we were on would show scenes from movies filmed in the different sets we drove by which was pretty cool. This is the Courtyard Square which was made famous by Back to the Future! It's been in several other movies too.This is called Little Mexico. It floods!Sam, me and Savi on the Studio tour.

Savannah in the Uglydolls!
So they have characters and of course I saw a guy doing a chest bump with SpongeBob SquarePants and I HAD to follow suit. My daughter HATES SpongeBob with a passion so she had to get a funny photo with him too but these are just my most favorite photos ever. Here I come - running at him. His expression cracks me up!

Chest bump! My daughter thought the photos looked "inappropriate"! I thought that was too funny!

Hug!
The fam with SpongeBob
Savi with Shrek and Fiona.
Me and Savi with Scooby Doo.
I got a hair wrap! It isn't permanent but gets put in with a braid. We also went on the Jurassic Park ride which goes through a lush jungly land with dinosaurs and then has a big drop at the end where you get wet (like a log ride). They had several shows (kind of like Seaworld has) including an Animal Actors show, Special Effects show and a couple of others. All in all it was a lot of fun!
I had to take a photo with an E.T. I loved that movie!
At the end of the day, we left the park and went to Universal CityWalk which is just a shopping-eating district right next door. We shopped at the magnet store, the candy shop, and a couple other fun places, and were going to possibly eat dinner at one of the restaurants and then realized we were really not that hungry because we'd been munching all day in the park - especially on the yummy cupcake-flavored popcorn from Popcornopolis!

No comments: