Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Liz Gilbert on Creative Genius

Highline Trail in Glacier National Park, Montana
Copyright(c)2007 Wendee Holtcamp

Liz is one of my all-time favorite authors. She wrote one of my all-time favorite books Eat Pray Love: One women's search for everything across Italy, India, and Indonesia, which is hilarious, moving, heartfelt, and just truly inspitring. She's a fellow Cancerian, a fellow writer, someone intrigued by science, and just really cool! She gave a 18-minute talk on creative genius for TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) which has an annual conference bringing together the best and brightest in these three fields. The website has over 200 talks archived from people ranging from Jane Goodall to Al Gore to Amy Tan, and more. Gilbert's talk is called "A different way to think about creative genius" - Enjoy!! It's hilarious, and inspiring. Now if God would just send me a Dobby-house-elf-like creative "genius" who lives in the walls of my house and inspires my creativity for this book, I would be absolutely thrilled! Dobby, where art thou?!

1 comment:

Chirin (Daline) said...

Liz is truly amazing. Thanks for sharing the video. It speaks to me as I decide whether to follow the muse or pretend I didn't hear it.