Tuesday, April 25, 2006

visions of hamburgers dance in my head

I am on Day 2 of my 2nd time doing the Master Cleanse, the lemonade diet... where for 10 days I will only drink a special lemonade made from freshly squeezed organic lemons, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. Though called a "diet" it is not for weight loss but to cleanse and rid the body of all the crap we accumulate from food - preservatives, pesticide residue, from OTC medicines, etc etc. It is also a sort of spiritual time where you try to change the attitude toward food and how addictive food and "eating" can be. We consume so much more than we need to in our world today.

Last time I didn't find I was that hungry. This time I am having visions of Chips Ahoy (which I never eat), and Hamburgers dancing before my eyes. Last time I didn't really want any food and was not tempted. This time I am seriously wanting to nibble... which you can not do as it seriously messes up your system. Last time I did this along with some other friends. And this time I am too but they start tomorrow so I'm 2 days ahead. I did go to yoga and the steam room today, which was nice.

So you do all this exercise, and it's lunchtime, and you think to yourself, Oh Boy, I'm hungry, I get to go home and have a big lunch... of lemonade.

Well now I'm off to read that book to my kids at bedtime again! Then have a glass of yummy lemonade.

No comments: