Wednesday, November 15, 2006

i love my friends!

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
- Anais Nin

The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in.
- Rachel Carson

I've had awesome talks with several friends over the past couple days, and it has been really a great blessing. I feel so grateful to have these good people in my life who I can share things with, ask for advice, and who will listen and share their own lives with me. The Rachel Carson quote reminded me of how Celeta - my dad's girlfriend when I was growing up - worked in my life. She is one of the people I spoke with recently. I'm so glad to be back in touch with her after something like a 10 year absence! New friends, old friends, it is all really good to have people to share life with and darnit if I don't wish there were more of my good friends all right here when i live!! One thing that has been hard for me is that last year Daline and I spoke nearly every week, and sometimes several times a week. Now that she is in a monastery she leads a very busy life sans phone and we connect less frequently. I miss that woman! She is an inspiration to me. Anyway, rambling, just wishing I could bring all my friends here...

2 comments:

T.E.E.Q. said...

Friends are wonderful, but it is a two way street...real friends realize that...I love this post and the excitement you have speaking of your friends. Cherish them...I do my friends.

Thanks for sharing

Wendee said...

And your friends love you! xox!