Tuesday, February 27, 2007

rebuilding New Orleans

I leave Thursday morning for New Orleans. I have never been to the city, and I am going with my church (Christ the King Lutheran Church from Kingwood, Texas) on a women's retreat/mission trip. We will be painting and reconstructing homes in a severely damaged section of the city with "Camp Restore." I am looking forward to what will certainly be an eye-opening experience.

This month I will have 4 (a record!) articles out in magazines you can buy on the magazine rack!

Sympathy for the Devil, Scientific American, Mar 07. The web version only includes part of the article unfortunately... you have to be a subscriber to get the whole thing. Here is a link:
http://sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa006&colID=5&articleID=C7780D5A-E7F2-99DF-3F238E0B197AA13C

Or you can read the PDF here.

My other articles this month are:
  • Magical Australia E/The Environmental Magazine. March 07. About my Australian travels with Sam & Savannah. Unfortunately you need a subscription to read the online version so pick up a copy to see the photos of the kids!
  • Ecotopia. Audubon Magazine, Mar 07. A Field Notes news piece about a time share ecotopian island village in Fiji (tribewanted.com) that I have blogged about before.
  • Texas Parks & Wildlife Magazine, Mar 07, 50 Quick Getaways.

    And I do have 2 pieces in TX Parks & Wildlife's Feb 07 issue that are now online.
    Prickly Paradise: A former farm site, Estero Llano Grande, now boasts an impressive crop of wildlife.

    Papa Stahl: With his gift for storytelling and encyclopedic knowledge of the natural world, Carmine Stahl helps bring parks and people together.

    This piece I wrote about an amazing man, Carmine Stahl, - and now my friend - who is nearly 80 years old and is just an incredibly brilliant, kind, wise, and good-hearted soul.

No comments: