Tuesday, July 29, 2008

i give up

Copyright (c) 2007 Wendee Holtcamp
Bees on lavender at Green Gulch Zen Center Farm, Sausolito, CA.



I give up. I officially suck at this cleanse thing this time around. I've done the Master Cleanse about a zillion times now, ranging from 10-18 days and never once "cheated" or had any food (well technically in the last one on the last day before my transition I did eat a few chocolate chips...). However I have been on this now since last Friday (over a week ago) and besides the first weekend I've had some sort of food I think every day! Right now I'm sitting on my back patio, eating a piece of veggie pizza and earlier I had a few bites of blueberry lavender sorbet. I am hopeless, utterly unforgivably hopeless.

Every day I'm like, ok this time I'm going to be serious, I'm going to go for the rest of the week doing my lemonade thing. Well today I had it, I give up! I'll just have to try again another time. I started my transition veggie soup earlier but not even sure if I need it given that I just ate a piece of pizza... well I guess it's healthy and delicious so I'll go with it and eat lots of veggie soup during the next few days. I don't know what it is, I think maybe I miss the kids. And today was a crap-ass day, so what can I say? I must renounce my crown from the lemonhead sisterhood.

One positive thing about this is that Thursday night when Mysteries of the Shark Coast comes on I can have a glass of wine with my friend Melody while we watch it!! We're having a viewing party on Saturday but I'm afraid everyone will be talking and I won't be able to hear anything!

No comments: