Saturday, July 26, 2008

working working

Copyright (c) 2004 Wendee Holtcamp
Rose Island, Bahamas.



I went here with Daline on my first Christmas without the kids, and wrote a little online tribute to the getaway, and saying goodbye to a decade of marriage. It was my first flight in many years, and a first step in overcoming my fear of flying, which I've now accomplished. No more fear! At all! I chose this photo because I miss the beach, it is calling to me, and I can not wait to see the ocean again...

Not much news here, I've just been trying to drum up some new work, and am working on articles on Seaworld's behind-the-scenes conservation efforts, as well as a piece on the rare Louisiana pine snake. I've also had some bursts of inspiration related to my book - hallelujah! I've scribbled a few stories in a journal that I plan to include in the book and have been doing reading related to the book (the one about making peace between evolution and Christianity). I am getting worried that all the reading material, books, papers, etc will make my suitcase too heavy when I travel!! I plan to work on my book while in Australia! That's the plan...

No comments: