Wednesday, July 02, 2008

an ordinary day

Sea lions lounging on Espanola, Galapagos Islands Copyright (c) 2007 Wendee Holtcamp

The link above goes to my Galapagos Islands Photo Gallery. I like its layout and there are some decent shots in there, I think. Now if I can only start to sell more of my photos, like I do my writing! :)

Today I took my friends' girls and my kids to play mini-golf in a glow-in-the-dark place, and then we went to Movie Tavern to watch Kung Fu Panda again. It was fun to see them all together hanging out. They don't all know each other super well so they were getting to know one another, which was cute. I love kids.

I am still feeling a bit mellow and actually quite tired having just given up the caffeine (I hope the energy returns soon!). I've been enjoying lounging around a lot and working in my bed, or outside, or at Starbucks rather than in my office. In fact, I've decided I absolutely HATE having a desktop computer because it chains me to my desk, and we all know this free bird hates to be chained in any way shape or form!! I bought this desktop last year with this big fancy flatscreen monitor - which I do love - but the problem is, I love to move around the house and work and I can't do that with a desktop! I can move stuff back and forth between this and my (old old piece of junk) laptop, but it's a pain in the patootie. Plus my Outlook email is only on my desktop, so that is the thing I often like to catch up on while (multi-tasking) watching a video or sitting somewhere else besides in my office! I'm seriously going to have to buy a new laptop soon.

However, I also want to buy a Sony PD-150 videocamera to start shooting some random footage for a documentary. Where is all this money going to come from? Should I willingly choose to go into debt?! Ha ha!

No comments: