Monday, December 31, 2007

hello from M slice

I have a new nickname, M Slice. My son started calling me that and I was like, what the heck is an M Slice? Is that something bad? He said no, it's like Homey G Slice but M for Mom. I was like, what the heck is a Homey G Slice? He said it's good, trust me, I promise.

So just now I decided to look up the definition of Homey G Slice. Well I couldn't find anything googling it so I tried Home Slice. Here's what I found on Urban Dictionary:

\home slice\

synonomous to "homie".
def 1: means good friend or buddy
def 2: means someone who seems like a little slice of home, thus home slice

So that made me feel pretty good, though Sam cracked up at the "little slice of home"

But wait, keep scrolling down... Then I read:

def 5. Someone who is an over the top dork. Someone who is trying way too hard to be cool and fails miserably. Look at that guy in the polyester leisure suit trying to pick up on that super model. What a home slice.

And keep going...

def. 6 a cool street name like poop dawg, pee diddle, or gary

Say what?!!!

Anyway it got a good laugh out of us all so I thought I'd share it :) They've also changed grandma's name from G-ma (her hiphop name) to Gamoski and Grandpa to Gaposki. Oh, did I say that my ex calls me Doonberry?

And while I was at urban dictionary I browsed some words-o-the-day and got a kick out of these:

\flojectile\
The bits of food matter that fly onto your mirror while flossing your teeth.
I need to wash those flojectiles off my bathroom mirror before the Health Department shuts me down

\man flu\

The condition shared by all males wherein a common illness (usually a mild cold) is presented by the patient as life-threatening.This is also known as 'Fishing for Sympathy' or 'Chronic Exaggeration'.When the patient is your boyfriend, he will exhibit the standard symptoms (such as an overwhelming desire for compassion) while simultaneously rejecting any and all efforts you make to placate him.

You: Awww, you poor fella.
Him: I'm DYING!
You: (Soothingly) Oh, you're not dying Cy.
Him: (Indignant) I AM! I have Man Flu!Y
ou: Do you need some sympathy?
Him: Yes! But no one understands my pain...
You: I understa-
Him: NO YOU DO NOT!!!

\purge the cabin\

Rolling the windows down on a vehicle for some fresh air, usually after one of the passengers has passed gas.

Damn was that foul! Purge the cabin before we sufficate back here!

2 comments:

TXsharon said...

You pOOned it Homey. I learn so much from you. =)

Sus said...

*lol* Yeah, I've got a 21-year old co-worker and I gotta tell ya, I truly don't think she speaks any form of English that I ever learned!!