Sunday, July 06, 2008

friends rock

Texas madrone berries, Guadalupe Mountains National Park, Texas
Copyright (c) 2006 Wendee Holtcamp


It's amazing the many emotions I can go through in a day, truly. I think today I've felt sorrow, hope, regret, happiness, peacefulness, joy, mercy, hopelessness, frustration, anger, and rage. To name a few. I also am amazed at how my friends completely lift me up and I just love them! I went to work out at the gym with "stinky" (she knows who she is!) and just being around her always lifts my spirits. We're going to go celebrate our July birthdays Wednesday - Cancers Rule!!!

So-What am I not s'pposed to have an opinion
Should I keep quiet just because I'm a woman
Call me a bitch cause I speak what's on my mind
Guess it's easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled
When a female fires back suddenly big talker don't know how to act
...
This is for my girls all around the world
Who have come across a man who don't respect your worth
Thinking all women should be seen not heard
So what do we do girls, shout louder
Lettin' them know we're gonna stand our ground
Lift your hands higher and wave 'em proud
Take a deep breath and say it loud
Never can, never will
Can't hold us down

Nobody can hold us down...
Never can, never will...

- Christina Aguilera, Can't Hold Us Down

Damn I'm grooving on this song right now!

No comments: