Tuesday, July 08, 2008

words of wisdom

Me holding two Louisiana black bear cubs. Tensas River National Wildlife Refuge, Louisiana.

Sorry you can't define me, sorry I break the mold
Sorry that I speak my mind, sorry don't do what I'm told
Sorry if I don't fake it, sorry I come so real
I will never hide what I really feel
No way, oh

- Christina Aguilera, Stripped Intro



My friend Trish recently went to a master yoga class from Edward Clark and passed along some tidbits from his class that I thought I'd share with you all with her permission. Hope something here speaks to you like it has for me!

* Maintain an even-ness of flow in your breath. Note when the rhythm changes and becomes more forceful/strained and bring it back to easy flow and an even quality.

* Whoever you are, BE IT FULLY! Life is so short, BE WHO YOU ARE!

* See the journey along the way with your full attention, not just your destinations.

* If something challenges you, do not beat yourself up/criticize yourself. Do not laugh at yourself either, just keep up the steps you need to take to achieve what you are going for. Observe what doesn't work and move along - don't get wrapped up in it. So, if you fall down - oh - I fell down! Guess I'll brush myself off and try again!

* Take deep breaths in of what you are in order to become MORE of what you are!

* There is a connection between the tiniest space and the vast universe and we are in the middle trying to make sense of that connection. They are the same.

* I am you and you are me.

* Let go of Fear. Fear will hold you back from the complete expression of yourself, from your complete commitment and truth in a situation. With fear in place, you can never fully realize yourself. You will always be holding back something. Fear prevents you from being completely you.

1 comment:

Sharon Guynup said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS!

SHARON