Monday, March 17, 2008

10 random things

Ten stupid random things about me that nobody probably cares about, but here you go anyway

1. I love super spicy food. I like things super spicy in general :)

2. I really wish there wasn't hate in the world.

3. I would maybe, possibly consider climbing Mt. Everest one day I've decided. Only under the right conditions (someone else paying - or I'm a zillionaire). Maybe I'll start by learning some climbing techniques. One day.

4. I have wanted to go see mountain gorillas in Rwanda since I was a teenager. That is my ultimate dream trip. One of Discovery Channel's recent blogs was following Lucy Spelman's mountain gorilla adventures. I'm sooooo jealous. I love mountan gorillas because they are super furry whereas I think lowland gorillas are kinda fugly.

5. When I was about 5, I decided I'd make money by holding a roving garage sale. So I took my little red wagon and some old toys and things I made and went door to door selling stuff. I convinced my cousin Holly to go with me. At Christmas I'd go pick mistletoe and sell it.

6. I used to rearrange the flowers on graves in the cemetery next to my house in Eugene. I spent a lot of time in the graveyard.

7. When I was in high school, on occasion, I would catch a super-big Texas roach, put it in a ziploc baggie, and freak out the girlie girls at parties.

8. I used to be scared to catch or even hold the crawdads my dad and brother caught, and I always wish I'd overcome this fear when I was a kid. I feel kinda wimpy about that now.

9.I used to think I looked like a hamburger.

10. Have you ever felt like you were driving through a pop-up book? I have.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need further information about "looking like a hamburger!" ( :

Melanie said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog for the past week. Regarding #3: My husband and I have decided that we're going to climb Mount Kilimanjaro once he finishes his PhD. I hope you do get to climb Mt. Everest someday. Anyway, I enjoy your blog much and have added you to my blogroll on my own. thanks!

Unknown said...

Looking like a hamburger - let's see - it involved high school craziness, inside jokes and me and my h.s. best friend Kim laughing our a&&es off!!!! It probably also involved illicit substances of some sort but I am not proud of that fact!! We used to describe how all kinds of people looked - liek a pear, a hamburger, etc. :) What can I say? I'm a weirdo I admit it.

Unknown said...

Melanie -thanks for stopping by and reading!! Mt Kilimanjaro might be a better place for me to start as it doesn't involve anything technical right? Sounds great - let me know how it goes!!!! When does your husband finish the PhD?

Melanie said...

You are correct; Kilimanjaro doesn't have to involve technical climbing depending on the route you choose (from what I've read). Joey starts his PhD program in the fall (he's doing some leveling work right now...three Hebrew courses this summer...which means I'll be learning Hebrew this summer also). We're figuring it'll be four or five years from now, which will give us time to save (it's also one of the more expensive mountains to climb). Hope you all enjoy Colorado this week!