Saturday, March 08, 2008

memories of Australia

This is going to be a short one but as I was driving home from REI this evening (I'd taken the kids to get a few snow/ski apparel items) I started thinking about when I took them to Australia in August 2006. It's hard to believe it was nearly 2 years ago, but it was such a precious trip in my memory. Sam keeps telling me it's "no fair" that I get to go again and he doesn't. That makes me feel good that he has fond memories of it too. It was awesome. It was incredible! We saw so many amazing things and hung out with my amazing friends who I hadn't seen in 20 years and it was like we'd just seen one another the year before. It was the first trip I'd taken with the kids alone as a single mom, and their first trip overseas. It is just a truly special memory for me.

Australia is my favorite country in the whole world (I do adore America, so I mean country to visit). I can simply not wait to sit over there with my friends Jenny and Rin and sip coffee on the beach (outstanding coffee and not a Starbuck's to be found). I am excited to go on the shark diving for sure but I'm really looking forward to seeing my friends. I live for my time with my friends. And I'm going to spend 2 days in L.A. with Paige so that will be awesome also!!

I'm looking forward to traveling again with them to Colorado and Palo Duro Canyon. I hope they behave themselves! They are really good kids, but sometimes long drives make them a bit crazy - or sugar... which I tend to avoid giving them! They're kids and well sometimes they like to whack each other...which either makes me laugh or furious, depending on my mood!

Anyway I'm probably not saying anything particular interesting to anyone but it's what is on my mind. I have books and books laying around about sharks and Scuba diving and Colorado and science/faith. I think my brain is all fizzled out from having too many projects going on at once. I'm going to bed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Accccchhhhhh, SO JEALOUS! Me and your kiddo both.

Anonymous said...

Understand the feelings.