Monday, March 17, 2008

my next adventure

I leave in the morn with the kids on a mini-adventure before Australia. As mentioned a few days ago we're flying to Colorado Springs, then will be renting a car and driving to Palo Duro Canyon State Park outside of Amarillo, TX. Yes I'm flying from Texas to Colorado then driving back to Texas. Go figure! We'll trap ringtails with a graduate student, hike some trails, look for prairie dog towns and maybe a roving buffalo herd... and then will drive back to Colorado Springs for Easter weekend. Then we'll hightail it to Monarch Mountain and the artsy town of Salida on the Arkansas River. The weather's looking like it just MIGHT snow next Saturday - wow the kids would be soooo thrilled!! Oh we will take ski lessons at Monarch Mountain. Well the kids will. Do I need them? Not sure?!

I went skiing once before in my life, at Breckenridge a couple years ago and loved it! That was actually at the very beginning of this blog, at the tail end of a devastating relationship that I could not have been more wrong about. Well you live and you learn...That was the last time I saw Shane. But I treasure more that my best friend Daline drove out from where she was in CO to visit me and we hung out and had a great time! As the old saying go, men may come and go but girlfriends are the true soul mates.

I took the kids to see the Horton Dr. Seuss movie today and I loved it! Horton discovers that there's a whole Whoville world on this tiny speck on a clover flower but no one believes him. So the kids he teaches start pretending they have worlds on a clover also. So my favorite line was this little "kid" who said, "on my speck, the people are all ponies who eat rainbows and poop butterflies!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the coherence of theme in this blog recording considering the diversity of events. ( :
Enjoy the snow!

Anonymous said...

The only good thing about the Shane sitch for me was "meeting" you. Blog on Awesome Traveler.