Tuesday, August 16, 2005

anger management

A friend sent me this story about anger management and I won't post the whole thing here, but it starts out:
-------------------
When you occasionally have a really bad day, and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know. It all started one day when I was sitting at my desk and remembered a phone call I had forgotten to make. I found the number and dialed it.

A man answered, saying, "Hello." I politely said, "This is Chris. May I please speak with Robin Carter?"

Suddenly, the phone was slammed down on me. I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude.

I tracked down Robin's correct number and called her. I had transposed the last two digits of her phone number. After hanging up with her, I decided to call the 'wrong' number again. When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled, "You're an asshole!" and hung up.

I wrote his number down with the word 'asshole' next to it, and put it in my desk drawer. Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, I'd call him up and yell, "You're an asshole!" It always cheered me up.
-------------------

I laughed so hard reading this, and today when driving to work, some jerk in a big red truck (I hate guys driving the freaking humongous trucks - they are always moron assholes) tailgated me and then cut in front of me (I despise tailgaters) and so I noticed he had a FOR SALE sign in his car (the later part of the story circulating the net actually has this same scenario) but I really did this - I caught up with the guy and wrote the number down in my notebook I carry with me, and next to it wrote "Asshole". I doubt I will ever call but I am tempted because I am having serious pissed off issues the past few days!

I could write a really good Jagged Little Pill right now and I just might. Except it wouldn't be music it will be a book. Besides a lack of concentration, and anger, I have actually started laughing a lot. Its kind of strange - stress release I guess. My daughter is in this weird phase where she is doing something strange sounding with her voice and breath, so at dinner I started talking like her and we were all cracking up. Savannah decided she wanted to act like monkeys at the dinner table so I said ok so all three of us were there making monkey noises and scratching our armpits - it was quite a site. ROFLOL

No comments: