Sunday, October 16, 2005

i don't care, you can't make me

What an incredibly beautiful day! Sunshine, peace, breeze. I went outside to say hi to the kids who are playing in a neighbors yard. I showed them how to do headstands (something I am very good at) and we had a cartwheel contest (I won) :) and I started to spin around and around as I am inclined to do and after pronouncing me once again a lunatic they all started doing it too. "We tried to have her put into a mental hospital," my daughter told the other kids, "but they wouldn't keep her."

I taught them how to stand still and swing your arms loosely back and forth and say "I don't care, you can't make me!" a trick I learned from the very creative writer SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy). "I'm going to do that to you sometime!" Savannah said to me. Then she climbed on my back and would not let me go. I love those kids, they are so amazing. I work them hard - they do all the vacuuming, mopping, folding clothes, cleaning the bathrooms, taking care of the cats, and various and sundry other chores but it makes me happy when their teachers tell me they can tell that they have been taught responsibility.

Well I'm headed to see the movie "Wallace and Gromit and the Case of the Were-Rabbit" with the kids and the ex-hubby in a bit but I'm going to go sit in the sunshine in the interim because its soooo incredibly beautiful out! I do so love sunshine.

No comments: