Tuesday, November 29, 2005

cotton candy sky

My kids and I like to call the pink clouds in the blue sky "cotton candy sky" - so I thought I'd upload a few photos of a cloud that turned into a cotton candy cloud as the afternoon wore on.


I finally made significant progress on my proposal, and then took a walk up the mountain. I scared a cottontail bunny. I've seen a few of them and also saw a hare today dashing across in front of my window. When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a bunny as a pet. I never got one. But now I see them all the time.

A Prayer for Awareness and Confession
God enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things... to whom thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us. We remember with shame that in the past we have exercised the high dominion of [humankind] with ruthless cruelty so that the voice of the earth, which should have gone up to thee in song, has been a groan of travail. May we realize that they live not for us alone but for themselves and for thee, and that they love the sweetness of life. Amen.
-- St Basil the Great (329-379 AD)


It has been colder lately, and the pee in the outhouse freezes at night. Isn't that just a lovely detail you wanted to know?

1 comment:

Sus said...

New Mexico sunsets are defintely a wonderous sight, something I've never encountered in any other state I've lived in.

Boy did that cold front come in quick or what?! I finally pulled out the slippers and have been blasting the heater in the morning to warm up my clothes!