Thursday, November 24, 2005

laughter

God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well. - Voltaire

My God how I entertain myself... Taking self-portraits has never been so fun. I made myself a totally delish Thanksgiving dinner - chicken cooked with basil, stuffing, a sweet potato and cranberry sauce. mmmmm yummy! And I didn't even gorge myself. Which is a good thing since I ate the whole darn chocolate bar yesterday. I talked to my best friend Daline who I LOVE and she is so so so funny and so so so cool. This is what she is going to do for her birthday which is Sunday (happy Birthday Daline - you go girl!!!). Like me, she went through a divorce recently. She is working on forgiving herself and creating a grand new life. So she is going to put on her wedding dress, overlain by her silky purple bathrobe which is covered with Lotus flowers, and a purple veil and a bunch of costume jewelry, and go out in her hometown of Moab Utah and give away chocolate and flowers as a way to spread joy. I wish I could be there with her!!! I told her that we HAVE to do something like that when she comes home for Christmas. GOT TO!!! I love life!!! I told her she has got to send me some photos for my blog... Meanwhile here are some self-portraits that I hope entertain you as much as they have me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention what the costume is: it is my version of Kwan Yin, the Boddisattva of Compassion, she who hears the cries of the world, whose healing balm heals all wounds, whose wisdom sees through our layers of conditioning to our essence and loves us all uncondiyionally. So I will offer hugs and kisses to whoever is receptive. The photos will depend if I can talk any of my friends that are still in town to go with me. I'll let you know how it goes...if I don't chicken out myself!!