Monday, June 23, 2008

crazy universe

My beautiful friend Paige at her amazing wedding which I shot the pics for!
(c) 2007 Wendee Holtcamp


Boy the universe is sending out some crazy stuff to so many friends right now - marriage and relationship struggles, breakups, illnesses, stress, struggles. It's just a rough, tough time. We need prayer warriors! For the most part, I am doing very well and am grateful for that. The pic above is a friend who is actually not one experienceing that craziness, just a photo I wanted to share, with her permission! She and I had homebirths with the same midwife, Shelly Girard (I made her website ages ago) and have known each other since our babies were babies.

To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

I just finished a project and that always feels great! I was hoping I'd have some time now to work on my book - I have 12 months now to write it - but then a couple other things came up, but soon I will be working on my book! However, right now I'm going to take a break and watch a documentary because my brain is completely sick of sharks... even though I think they're incredibly awesome! But that's what working nonstop on them for days will do to ya. Sending love and light to everyone.

I watched Emmanuel's Gift the other day, which Oprah narrates. The story about the man is truly inspiring but the doco itself was so-so. It was good, but it left some questions unanswered and didn't flow as fast as some of the documentaries I've seen lately. The cinematography was gorgeous though. Every scene was like a National Geographic photograph. The man, Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah was born with one leg deformed, yet went on to become a world class athlete, and he biked across Ghana to raise awareness for the something like 10% of their society that have deformities or are disabled (2 million people), so that they can have more normal lives and not beg. He since got an artificial leg in the and spends his time inspiring people, and raising money and awareness for them. The guy is going to end up winning the Nobel Peace Prize one day, mark my words. And if you didn't know, the name Emmanuel means "God with us."

No comments: