Monday, June 16, 2008

mental

Galapagos tortoise, Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos Archipelago
(c) 2007 Wendee Holtcamp


So many friends of mine are having relationships struggles right now! It's crazy. And this Alanis song on her new CD, Straitjacket, is sooo apropos. I love it. Wish the radio would play her again, she so rocks! I'm not too keen on the Y chromosome at the moment.


Something so benign
From me construed as cruelty
Such a difference between
Who I am and who you see
/snip part of lyrics

This shit's making me crazy
The way you nullify what's in my head
You say one thing do another
And argue that's not what you did
Your way's making me mental
How you filter as skewed interpret
I swear you won't be happy 'til
I'm bound in a straitjacket

Talking with you's like talking
To a sieve that can't hear me
You fight me tooth and nail
To disavow what's happening

Your resistance to a mirror
I feel screaming from your body
One day I'll introduce myself
And you'll see you've not yet met me

- Straitjacket, Alanis Morissette on Flavors of Entanglement


That is the most absolutely perfect brilliant description ........... yep.

On another note, I've been trying to meditate for 10 minutes per day. I've been wanting to meditate on a regular basis for a long time but never had, except maybe like once every 2 years! Someone recommended just setting a timer at 10 minutes so I've done that for two days now. OK so this is how I meditated today: I sat in silence and drank coffee and ate part of a croissant with my eyes closed. Ha ha ha! I'm laughing at myself! While meditating, I try to "smile in my liver" the way that Liz Gilbert says in Eat, Pray, Love. I need to read that book again!

No comments: