Thursday, August 14, 2008

explorations of Darling Downs

Copyright (c) 2000 Wendee Holtcamp
An algae-covered West Indian manatee looking very much like a rock at Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, Florida.


I've spent the last couple days revising my introductory chapter for my book, then I need to get into the new ones. As everything, it's going slower than you think it will. But it is coming along and I'm excited about it.

This weekend Rin and I are going to explore a bit of the area. We think we're going to go out to Bunya Mountains National Park which is an area where Aborigines used to gather from all areas to harvest the Bunya pine nuts. This is a link to a Bunya Mountains website for accomodation but it has better photos than the actual Park Service website. Probably on Saturday we're going to take the kids to Crows Nest Falls National Park, where a lot of rock wallabies hang out. It's more of a dry scrub forest, with a lot of rocky outcroppings. I'll post some pics when we return! Now, I better get back to my book writing!

No comments: