Wednesday, August 20, 2008

missing home

Copyright (c) 2008 Wendee Holtcamp
Rocky coast and rainforest-covered hills in Mission Beach, Australia



To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.
- Isaac Newton



I am now in Redcliffe, which is a northern suburb of Brisbane, staying with my friend Jenny and her family. It's so great to see Jenny and sad to say goodbye to Rin and the kiddos! We never made it to the Bunya Mountains - maybe next visit. We may go to the Glasshouse Mountains while I'm here, so that will be great to see. I only have 5 more days before I get on the plane. To be honest, I can't wait to get home. This trip is a bit weird because I bought my ticket initially to visit someone that I'm not seeing anymore. Yes in case you missed the reading between the lines, since I'm not openly writing about relationships, the relationship of the past is over and has been for a while. For good. That's all I need to say. So I'm here feeling like I should be home, and missing home for many reasons. It's hard to enjoy the beautiful land when the whole reasons for the trip are a bit odd. I miss the kiddos enormously! I started using Skype which is so cool. I have a webcam on my new laptop and I had my mom get the kids one for my desktop at home so the last couple days we've been able to "see" one another while we talk over the computers - way cool. Skype rocks!

I am making slow progress on my book, but to be honest, I've had a bit of a hard time concentrating, and I am just counting the hours until I'm home. I hope that all will be well with the world once I return. For once in my life, I have more desire to be home than to be wandering around the planet.

No comments: