Sunday, August 03, 2008

getting ready

Copyright (c) 2006 Wendee Holtcamp
Pale grass in West Texas. I took this photo while driving between Guadalupe Mountains State Park and the McDonald Observatory for my
Top of Texas article for Texas Parks & Wildlife Magazine.



I can't believe I leave in just 1 day. Where has the time gone? I plan to visit the Museum of Tolerance this time when I'm in L.A. en route to Australia. I meant to go there the last 2 times I went through L.A., but the first visit it was closed for renovation and then last time we learned you needed advanced reservations certain times of the year. Well this time we got advance reservations! It was featured in the movie Freedom Writers with Hilary Swank, which was a fantastic movie. My maternal grandfather was a Russian Jew, and though I never knew him, I have always been interested in that aspect of history. I don't know a lot about it, but it's a sad part of our world's history - the Holocaust that is. I also may get to see my midwife, Shelly Girard, who I haven't seen since I moved from L.A. to Houston almost 10 years ago!

Not much else going on at the moment, just packing up and making sure I have everything I need and that I don't go over weight limits - which I may well do! I hope not.

No comments: